Monday, February 05, 2007

Japanese Winter Wall Hanging



A couple of weeks ago, we were iced in for several days, and I got a lot of sewing done. This wall hanging is winter, and I have designs for the other 3 seasons that I intend to complete as time allows (hopefully before each new season!). On the left is the full view, and on the right is a detail of the center. It has 8 embroidered rectangles that I sewed together after I finished the embroidery, then added the borders and hanging loops. It doesn't show up very well in the pic, but I also made narrow piping for the edges. I was hoping to find bell pull hardware to hang it from, but I couldn't find any that I liked that was wide enough, so I bought a dowel rod and decorative ends and painted it with gold Lumiere paint. All in all, I am very happy with the results. The embroidery designs are by BFC Creations (available here).

No comments: