Sunday, September 22, 2019

My Quilt Guild’s Quilt Show

Cimarron Valley Quilters Guild had a quilt show Friday and Saturday. I entered ten quilts in the show, five of which were in the judged portion, and two in the guild’s challenge. I am very proud to have earned three ribbons. Below are pictures of me in front of my winning quilts.


The top quilt with the blue ribbon is my Liberated Log Cabin quilt. This quilt was also accepted into the Fiberworks 2019 Exhibit that will be in Tulsa October 4 - November 24, 2019.


All four of the quilts in the above picture are mine. The quilt with the red ribbon is Sticks & Stones, which was exhibited in Fiberworks 2018. 


I entered two quilts into our guild's quilt challenge, which was to take one of three vintage quilt blocks (hexagon, fan, or maple leaf) and make a modern quilt with it; I chose the maple leaf for both of my quilts. The two quilts in the above picture are mine; the one on the left won a white ribbon.

6 comments:

Karen S said...

Congratulations on your ribbons! I love your use of color! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Thank you Karen!

Claire M said...

Beautiful work Cheryl!

Laure Ferlita said...

These are just beautiful, Cheryl! I love the green one in the second photo and those cascading leaves are wonderful! Congratulations!

The Idaho Beauty said...

How rewarding (no pun intended) to have a place to show off these quilts and garner some recognition as well. I especially like your modern take on the leaf bloc, the one on the left.

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Thank you Claire, Laure, and Sheila.