Sunday, October 02, 2011

Letter to My Daughter by George Bishop

Almost 4 years ago,when I first started posting about the books I'd read, I stated, "I want to start keeping track of the books I read and whether I liked them or not. I won't be writing formal reviews or anything, because I'm not that good at reviews."  I still feel like I'm not that good at reviews, but my posts have somehow evolved into just that.  It's become one more obligation that I sometimes don't have time for.  And because I'm behind in posting reviews just like I'm behind in everything else right now, I'm going to do 3 quick catch up posts about 3 books I've finished recently.

A mother (Laura) writes a letter to her 15 year old daughter (Liz) after Liz runs away from home.  She describes her own adolescence in the hope that it will bring them closer together.  The book is the letter, and it definitely had the feel of a letter written by an anxious mother to a daughter who's just run away.  I enjoyed the book and rated it 4 out of 5.

3 comments:

Serena said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this book. I've got your review linked.

Timaree said...

Cheryl, I am behind with everything and finding almost everything a chore right now. Could it be due to the weather changing? Are we getting ready for the great nap season? I hope that's it because I don't like it!

Teena in Toronto said...

I just finished it and really enjoyed it.