Sunday, August 05, 2007

Vacation Posts Part 5

Friday, August 03, 2007

We’ve just had one good day after another. DH wanted to fish for just a short time this morning, since it was the last day of his 5-day fishing license, so I went along to take pictures again. He caught a big brook trout after a pretty short time and was satisfied. Then we went for a walk and I took lots more pictures.



We packed up, because we were heading up to Crested Butte today. We stopped in Almont for lunch, where I ate WAY too much – but I had a grilled Portobello mushroom and Swiss cheese sandwich and fried sweet potatoes. I rarely eat French fries, but these were great.

Next we started out for Crested Butte, looking for 2 more letterboxes along the way. The first one was near Roaring Judy Fish Hatchery, and there were more mosquitoes there than we’ve run into in a long time. We took the box up to the car to do our stamping. The second one was on the road to Kebler Pass, and we’d never been on that road before (this is one of the things I like about letterboxing, we get to see places we might not think to go to otherwise). It was a beautiful drive.



We are staying at The Nordic Inn in Mt. Crested Butte for tonight and tomorrow night. We checked in after our drive, then went to The Wooden Nickel (in Crested Butte) for dinner. After dinner we shopped in one of the stores I like here. I found a couple of gifts for friends. We actually have Internet access in our room, so I tried to get caught up on email. I didn’t get through all of it, but I did get caught up on messages from my photography class and actually uploaded my pictures for the week.

Tomorrow we’re going to the arts festival in Crested Butte.

No comments: