Thursday, June 14, 2007

Better Blogger (I hope)

I've decided to try to update my blog on a more regular basis. Now notice I said TRY. I don't know how successful I'll be, but that's my goal. I realized yesterday when I was writing about our new car that it would have been much easier if I had posted each day rather than trying to recap the whole experience.

And speaking of new cars, we didn't get it today. We'll get it in the morning. They were picking it up this afternoon, but it wouldn't get here until too late for us to get it. I was disappointed of course, but it really didn't matter that much. I didn't go anywhere. Now once I get the car, I'll have to drive it all over town!

So instead, I actually finished up a set of postcards for a swap I'm in. I haven't scanned them yet, so I can't post a picture of them. There's a bit of a thunderstorm going on right now (again!!), so I don't want to turn on the desktop computer (which is what the scanner is connected to). I always use my laptop if I want to be on the computer during a storm - with the battery backup, I figure it's pretty safe. Anyway, I'll try to post a picture of the postcards tomorrow.

I also ordered a new laptop computer last Friday. I don't remember whether I posted about that already or not. Since I use Photoshop, my current laptop is just BARELY enough to handle it. It's really slow and occassionally even locks up, so I'm really excited about the new one. It might come in tomorrow too. I decided I really didn't want Windows Vista, I wanted Windows XP. That's not available many places anymore. I ordered it locally from a store I really trust. The brand is Nobilis, which I've never heard of before. But here's what I ordered:

INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR T7200 (2.0GHz W/ 4MB CACHE - 667FSB)
N5014 BASE SYSTEM / 15.4'' WXGA DISPLAY / INTEL 945PM CHIPSET
100GB / 7,200 RPM SATA HARD DRIVE
2GB (1GB X 2) DDR2-667 SODIMM MEMORY MODULE
INTEL PRO WIRELESS 3945 802.11 a/b/g
DVD/RW DRIVE FOR N5014
GENUINE WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL WITH SP2 / FACTORY INSTALLED

So between a new car and a new laptop, I should be all set.

No comments: