Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Needle Punch Postcards

I have recently gotten into making fabric postcards. They are such fun to make, and there are a number of internet groups that do swaps of them. I made my latest creation with my Bernina needle punch accessory - which is another fun thing. I took yarn and wool roving and "punched" it into wool felt. The needles in the accessory are barbed and you don't use thread - the barbed needles make the yarn a part of the base fabric. Anyway - here are my postcards:





After making the flowers, I used my Viking to embroider the bees and the satin stitched edging.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Okay so I have no idea what a Viking is, but I do love these.
I know I certainly would love to receive something like this so I have no doubt your swap group will love them!

Cheryl you are so talented, I wish I had half your talent!