Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Progression of the Season



I finished this two page spread in my journal yesterday - I started it on November 1st. It took that long because I've been waiting for the leaves to change color. I knew I wanted to put either 3 or 4 leaves on the page over time. After leaf number 3, I decided the page was finished. So I added my title (which smeared when my pen put down a blob of ink), border, and journaling.

"The leaves on our Bradford Pear change colors slowly. On November 1st, there were a few leaves that had changed color, but most were still green or had just a touch of color. By November 10th there were quite a few more that had turned, but still a lot were green. By November 23rd, most of the leaves had turned and many had dropped, but there were still some green leaves on the tree. It's been interesting to follow the progression of the season."

3 comments:

Kathy A. Johnson said...

This is a great idea for a journal page. I think it's great you had the plan and the patience to record the changing of these leaves. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Claire M said...

Cheryl - This is a wonderful spread. What a great idea to capture the changing colors of the leaves as the month went along. The colors, texture, and shading for the leaves makes it all so interesting to look at - a visual feast. I really like your layout.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Timaree said...

That's a super spread. What a great way to do the colors of Fall.