Sunday, November 21, 2010

Autumn



"Claire, of Claire's Sketchbook Blog, posted this quote a few days ago. I liked it, so I wanted to record it here [in my journal]:
'Autumn is all about letting go. Leaves flutter to the ground. Flowers launch seeda into the wind. Pumpkins loosen ties with mellowed vines. It's time for gardeners to let go, too. Frost reminds us that we're not in charge, after all. How do we let go? Laugh at our failures -- but don't repeat them. Be amused by perennials intent on taking over the world -- then mark them for dividing next spring. You get the idea. Observe. Learn. Let go.'
-Jane McKeon, Senior Associate Editor
-Better Homes and Gardens
-October 2010"

This page is across from my Lunch at Couch Park page which can be seen in the post below.

4 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

Lovely, Cheryl. The "mellow" background in this - works very well with the season and the quote.

Claire M said...

I think adding this quote on this page goes well with your lunch page on the opposite side. Nice combination for the 2 page spread. I like your soft background under the quote - sort of reminds me of the soft colors of the leaves when the ground is wet from fall rains.

Jacqueline said...

Wonderful quote. Thank yo for sharing!

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Good combination with the "lunch" page.