After making a folder-folio for a gift, I had to make one for myself! Actually, I prepared the backgrounds at the same time, because I knew I wanted one. I just didn't have time to make it before Christmas. I modified mine to hold a legal pad on one side instead of loose papers. I also added a little loop of fabric for a pencil. And I used some of the skills I learned in Terri Stegmiller's Mixed Media Collage class to make the cover. I painted the purple cone flower with Neocolor watercolor crayons on white duck cloth, then fused it to Pelmet Vilene (which is a stiff interfacing, but thinner than Timtex or Peltex). Then I outlined the flower and stem with free motion stitching. I'm looking forward to having an excuse to use it!