Friday, September 19, 2008

Soul Journal



I joined the Soul Journal Yahoo Group recently, and our first prompt was called Instant Gratification. This had to do with creating a page quickly - using an image from a magazine, creating a title, and writing about the image. I'd been wanting to journal about our aquarium, so this was the perfect way to do that - my page is above.





The next prompt was to create a permission slip for ourselves. Above is my page; first showing the permission slip inside the envelope and then showing the permission slip itself. I'm working on another prompt now called Lost and Found - I'm not at a point to share yet, but it's a good one - it's making me think! If you're into art journaling, I recommend this group!

I'm going to a quilting retreat this weekend, and then I'll draw the winners and announce them here sometime Monday. And that post where I announce the winners will be my 400th post!

4 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

I like these journal pages. The permission slip one is especially clever.

Anonymous said...

Hello - from a fellow Soul Journal person. Your pages that you have posted are lovely and your pages from Sarah's Journal are stunning.
I've had a good read of your fabric work postings too - think I might have to have a go at using fabric too - funny it's never occurred to me to use it - mainly being a player with paper etc. lol. Take care ... Will visit again soon

Timaree said...

This sounds like a good idea although I think I want to wade through the soul journal blog first and that has to wait till I finish my classes with Jessica and I still have to keep up with my Bead Journal pages so it might be a little while or I might just get too curious and join up anyhow. (Was that run on sentence or what?)

What was the mice debacle?

paula vicente artfactu said...

Hi, your work are absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!One day i would to be like you. :) See you