Sunday, August 05, 2007

Vacation Posts Part 2

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Today we hiked to our mountain. The first time we came to this area 22 years ago, we hiked this mountain. We looked on a map to find the name of it, and as far as we could tell, it didn’t have a name, so we named it (Our Name) Mountain. We’ve called it that ever since. And every time we come to this area, we hike to it again. DH fished there and I took more pictures. I saw a marmot sunning itself on a large rock, and it wasn’t too afraid of me – so I got lots of pictures of it. Here are a couple of pictures of him:




And this is our mountain:



We spent the afternoon in our cabin, reading, playing backgammon, and cutting out appliqué shapes (I’m almost done – it’s really amazing how much longer it takes to cut out the shapes than to trace them).

We ate trout for dinner again.

No comments: