Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Montage Layout

I signed up for a class at Digital Scrapbook Place that started August 1st, in photo montage. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, here is the definition that was in my first lesson: "a single artistic composition created by blending several images into one." We were in Colorado when the class started, and I wasn't able to get lesson 1 before we left, so I'm a little bit behind (lesson 2 was available today). But I did finish my first layout today. I only used one image in it, but I blended it into the background and added a couple of quotes.


The photo was one that I took at my son's wedding in South Padre Island in May. The background paper and the word art are by Jeri Ingalls, available at Scrapbook Elements.

1 comment:

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

Very pretty LO. It's so soft and romantic. You're just a great photographer. I absolutely love that picture. :D

I've really missed alot by not participating at DSP as much as I have in the past. There is so much to learn from classes and community conversations over there. I really must get back in there to say hi and see what's happening.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your class and get tons of new info from it. I'm looking forward to seeing more results from your lessons. I find montages to be wonderfully fun!