Monday, August 06, 2007

Home at Last

We have a problem with brown recluse spiders in our house, so right before we left on vacation, DH set off bug bombs in every room of our house. Now I realize that we didn't plan it very well. Our kitchen cabinets have a gap between the doors, so I've spent most of the afternoon and evening washing dishes (that would have been clean if not for the bug bombs), sheets, towels, and some clothes from our trip. I've done 3 loads of laundry and either 3 or 4 loads of dishes (I've lost track). I figured out that if we ever have to do this again (and we probably will - this is an ongoing battle in our part of the country), we will cover all of the gaps in the cabinets with plastic so I won't have to wash clean dishes. I sure wish I'd thought of that before!

It will be good to sleep in our own bed tonight - we really miss our waterbed whenever we're away from home.

1 comment:

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

OMG! As if having the spider issue wasn't enough, then you had to do all those dishes too. Bummer! Did the bombs take care of ths spider problem at least? I sure hope so!

I'm sorry I had to pounce out of the chat room today, my friend. Mom rarely talks as long as she did today. But she needed to vent a bit and it was important for me to be there for her. So thanks for understanding.

It was a fun chat and we'll have to do it again sometime soon.

~Hugs~