Friday, June 15, 2007

More Fabric Postcards

Here are two of the postcards I've finished in the past few days. This one is for a swap using angelina fibers. I started with the batik background, added the angelina fibers, then fused the fish on top. I free motion quilted the whole thing, then free motion stitched around the fish to finish the edges. I think it turned out pretty good.



This one is for a swap called Cats Cats Cats. I fused the two background fabrics onto the stiff interfacing and quilted it. Then I fused the cat face and free motion stitched the edges (like I did to the fish). I also used a decorative stitch between the two background fabrics where they come together. I also couched down a flat ultrasuede-type yarn around the edges. I'm pretty happy with this one too - I just hope my swap partners like them.



I didn't get my computer today. I was really hoping for it. I think I was almost as excited to get it as I have been over the new car. When I talked to the guy I ordered it from last week, he told me that after I put in the order on the internet, he would call me for my credit card number right away. When he didn't call the day I ordered it (last Friday), I thought about calling him, but then I thought that maybe he didn't call because he was going to get the number when the computer came in. Finally on Tuesday I called him, and at first he couldn't find the order! I told him that I'd gotten an email confirmation from him and gave him the order number. Turns out my order went to a folder in his email account and he hadn't checked that folder, so he didn't see the order when it came in. Now a copy of the order also went to Nobilis, so I asked him if that would delay the order. He said he didn't think so because they had started on the order and were waiting to hear from him. But he had also told me last week that it usually takes 4 business days to get, and it's now been 5 and it's still not here. So I think it probably did delay the order. And I'm really kicking myself for not calling him as soon as I placed the order! Oh well, I guess it will get here sometime next week.

At least my Amazon order came in today. And it's a good thing, since one of the things I ordered is a book for my DH for father's day. I just tracked the order this afternoon, and it said it was scheduled to arrive on the 21st, so I had a few minutes of panic. But it came today after all. The other things I got are the second book in the Guenevere trilogy by Rosalind Miles and a book called Creating Sketchbooks for Embroiderers and Textile Artists by Kay Greenlees. I've never used sketchbooks before, but this appealed to me for some reason. At first glance, it looks pretty good.

No comments: