Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sketchbook Challenge - Pattern



My DH brought me this pine cone to sketch so I had to sketch it - I want to encourage that behavior! It is also the perfect subject for the current month's sketchbook challenge theme of pattern. This is the first page in a new sketchbook I made a couple of weeks ago, so I'm also trying out a new (to me) paper - Arches En-Tout-Cas. It is cold pressed on one side and hot pressed on the other side. This is the cold pressed side. So far so good.

3 comments:

Claire M said...

Cheryl - this is fabulous! I love everything about it - the sketch is wonderful, love the details and the layout too! Enjoy your new sketchbook!

Sketchbook Wandering said...

I must try that paper, thanks for sharing. I LOVE starting a new book! Your pine cone must have taken a lot of patience, I would have ended up with a scribble gesture version I think...

Kathy A. Johnson said...

I love this sketch, Cheryl--it's beautiful. And how nice that your husband brought you something to sketch. Good luck with the new paper/sketchbook. I don't think I've ever tried hot press wc paper.