Friday, March 11, 2011

the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by mark haddon

Christopher, a 15-year old autistic boy, discovers that his neighbor's dog Wellington has been killed.  He is very sad about that because he loves dogs, so he decides to try to discover who killed Wellington.  The book is narrated by Christopher, who is very intelligent but can't stand to be touched and finds people confusing.  Christopher is really good at math, so when he gets overwhelmed, he works out math problems in his head.  When I first read about this book, I didn't think I wanted to read it, but I really liked it.  It was my book club's current month's selection and my 4th book for the New Author Challenge 2011.  I rate it 4 out of 5.

3 comments:

Kathy A. Johnson said...

I read this book a couple of years ago, and really liked it, too. I thought it was interesting to see the story through Christopher's eyes.

Timaree said...

This one sounds really good. I love dog stories and also stories about kids with disabilities since I have two grandkids with them. I'll go to Amazon now. Thanks for the review.

~Suzanne~ said...

Cheryl~this is one of the books on my 'favorites' list.