Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge - Highly Prized 2


Highly Prized 2
Originally uploaded by Cheryl Gebhart

This is my second page for January's "Highly Prized" theme in the Sketchbook Challenge. Background is Caran d'Ache watersoluble wax crayons blended with water. Lettering is with a variety of pens. Paper is Strathmore 500 series 140 pound cold press watercolor paper; journal is 5 1/2 inches wide by 7 1/2 inches tall, handmade by me. I started by writing things that are very meaningful, and as I wanted to fill the page, I added things that I like but may not be "highly" prized. I may add more words to the page as time passes.

Years ago, when I was into scrapbooking, I started a book about me. In it, I have a page about some of my favorite things. I looked at it today; it was interesting to see what had changed and what had stayed the same.

This is also my week 3 entry for Project 52.

4 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

So that makes me curious...what has changed and what has stayed the same?!

I love that you have lists on your page. That says a lot.

(I don't see "puppy" on there - is he in trouble?! ;•)

Kathy A. Johnson said...

This would be a great way to make my list of 100 things I love into a visual. I think I'll do that on a page of my journal. Great idea.

Catherine said...

In the back of one of my sketchbooks I have a list of my 100 favorite things. You're right - it is fun to look at it from time to time to see what has changed, or just to remind myself of all the wonderful things that make me happy. Usually I add something.

I love the happy colors on your page!

freebird said...

Great idea. I may just make a page that lists some of my prized whatevers. Why did I think every page has to be a sketch of something?