Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quilt Camp in the Pines Part 2

I arrived in Flagstaff on Sunday, and have been very busy ever since. I'm taking classes every day. Monday I took an appliqué class from the very talented Sharon Schamber, and on Tuesday I took another appliqué class from Sharon's daughter, Cristy Fincher. The two classes taught different techniques. I like to appliqué, and I've never done it exactly like either of these ways, so I learned a lot and really enjoyed both classes. Today and tomorrow I'm in a paper piecing class from Deb Karasik, and there are some curved seams in the project. I've never really liked sewing curved seams, but Deb taught me how to do them, and I was very pleased with my results. Then on Friday I'm back with Sharon Schamber in a class called painting with dyes. I'm really excited about that one! And on Saturday I'm taking a class from Martha Nordstrand on making a fabric landscapes. Not sure how much time I'll have to post again while I'm here.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow, sounds like you are having a great time and learning a lot of new techniques. Can't beat that!

Fannie said...

Sounds like a full and fun week of learning, sharing, friendshipping and SHOPPING!!!! ;-D