I managed to quilt most days in March after joining the challenge to "quilt every day." I finished one project:
I also worked on another quilt that I had put aside for a couple of years - it's called Diamond in the Rough. I'm not finished with it yet, but I have all of the blocks completed and sewn into rows; I'm in the process of sewing the rows together. I needed some more fabric for the borders to make it bigger, which I was able to find recently. Here are the rows (the little white squares you see are my notes pinned on to keep the rows in order):
And here is a close up of one of the blocks:
The reason that I hadn't worked on this quilt in a long time was that I was unhappy with a couple of the fabrics in the star points; there wasn't enough contrast between them and the background, so they disappeared. I decided to use Fabrico ink on the couple of fabrics that were too light, and it made all the difference in the world. It's a reminder that value is often more important than color.
I also did some machine embroidery this month, but I don't have a finished product to show yet.