Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Two New Art Journal Pages

I finally finished the page below from our drive to St. Paul. Basically, I took pictures of the state signs as we entered each state so that I could sketch them later. The color gets lighter toward the top of the page because the farther north we went, the more snow there was.



I have season tickets to the Tulsa Ballet, and I attended a performance on Sunday. So the page below is from that. I actually had the page almost finished that night, but I was waiting for my Pan Pastels to arrive so that I could do the sky. I love these! It is an artist-quality pastel in a pan, so they have a much higher pigment content than all of the other chalks I have from scrapbooking. They also have lots of tools available for them. Here they are if you're interested: pan pastels.

1 comment:

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
I was just in the process of linking your blog to our trade on CYBER FYBER. I adore scrolling down a bit...just to see how interesting people are...and first the skating photos caught my eye...then the pointe shoe! I'm thrilled to be trading with another dance fan! Thanks so much for trading with me. Spread the word about CYBER FYBER...because although the trading seems to be over (for a time) the exhibition is now really starting to take form!
Susan