Wednesday, February 08, 2006

New Kid on the Block


I am participating in a contest at Digital Scrapbook Place for newbies to digital scrapbooking. Each week for 3 weeks we make a layout with a specific kit. We post the layout to a forum where we can get suggestions for improvement on it. We can keep reworking the layout until we're satisfied with it and then we post our final layout in the judging forum. This is the first week, and I'm learning tons! It is so great to get the feedback. This is version 5 of my layout; I think I might be done with it now, although I have until Saturday night to upload it to the judging forum, so if I think of any changes I want to make to it, I still have time.

I used the Welcome Kit by Lauren Bavin of DSP, a grunge brush from Tomas M. Ledin at Adobe Studio Exchange, Inked Edges from Atomic Cupcake, and a sketch by Meryl Bartho of DSP.

Journaling reads: "I always take a lot of pictures of wildflowers when we travel. I especially love the wildflowers in Colorado. So the first morning we were there (July 25, 2005), I went with [DH] when he went fishing so that I could take pictures. Here are some of the pictures I took that morning.

"We had planned on taking our 4-wheel drive pickup this trip, but we drove as far as the Kansas border when the air conditioning quit working. So we turned around and got our car instead. It meant we were not able to do some of the drives we had planned on, but at least we were cool."

No comments: