Friday, August 12, 2016

Sketches from Colorado

As I said in my last post, my husband and I spent last week in Colorado. We always enjoy our time there, and this year was no exception. We stayed in a cabin on Spring Creek, between Gunnison and Crested Butte. I took photos and sketched while my husband fished, we hiked, played games, read, did some site seeing, went to a play in Gunnison, and shopped at an art festival in Crested Butte. We've been going to this area for 31 years now, so we obviously love the area. Here are my sketches from the week:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

These are so lovely, not only the subjects but how you've added borders & text. A great souvenir of your vacation.

Kathy A. Johnson said...

That sounds just about perfect, Cheryl. I love your sketches and the journaling you've added to the pages. I can imagine your being swept back into the moment when you look through your sketchbook pages.

Carol said...

Lovley work! I found your blog via the Back to the Classics Challenge.