Friday, January 10, 2014

Back to the Classics Challenge 2014

I've chosen 3 of my 6 required books for the challenge so far:

1. A 20th Century Classic - The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
2. A 19th Century Classic -
3. A Classic by a Woman Author - Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
4. A Classic in Translation - The Paradise by Emile Zola
5. A Classic About War
6. A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You

Depending on what other books I choose, I may move one of these to a different category. And I reserve the right to change my mind. ;)

1 comment:

Kathy A. Johnson said...

These look like good choices, Cheryl. The only one of these I've read is Sense and Sensibility. I have a few set aside from my TBR shelf to choose from, including The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Camus' The Stranger. So far Their Eyes Were Watching God is interesting, though it's written partly in dialect, which I find not that easy to read.