Sunday, March 20, 2011

Imaginary Trip to New Orleans - Window Shutters



"Just about everywhere we looked, we saw shutters on the windows. And not just decorative shutters, but working shutters for protection from storms and to keep out critters. Many had vents at the top for airflow. If the shutters were locked closed, we couldn't tell if anyone was home or if the business was still there.

"We only had a few minutes here, so I sketched quickly with pen and added a bit of color. We all agreed it would be great to have our very own KITCHEN WITCH!"

And no, I'm not really in New Orleans - this is an Imaginary Trip with Laure Ferlita.

2 comments:

Kathy A. Johnson said...

Love the shutters! I so wish I was there with you, but I just couldn't take on another activity right now. I'm hoping she'll offer this class again in the future when my schedule is less packed.

Carol said...

Cheryl, I love your New Orleans sketches. Just lovely - and you're not even there! What a great imaginary trip.