Sunday, February 07, 2010

Drawing Class - Rabbit Day 1



I started a drawing class yesterday, and I think I'm really going to like it. The only down side is that it is an hour and 15 minutes from my house, it starts at 9:00 am, and I am not a morning person. But I made it to class on time and loved it.

One of the exercises we were given to do at home was to choose an object to draw, set the timer for 20 minutes, and draw it; then stop when the timer goes off. We are to repeat the exercise 3 days in a row, and on day 4 we are to set the timer for 18 minutes. Throughout the 4 week class, we will continue decreasing the time by 2 minutes every 4th day until we are down to 6 minutes.

I decided to draw a stuffed rabbit that I crocheted many many years ago - and here is my day 1 sketch. I did the whole sketch with a 2B pencil. We haven't learned shading yet - that comes next week. I'm fairly pleased with my first attempt. And I was able to finish it in the time allotted.

4 comments:

Dotti said...

You are going to do great in this class...I can just tell!

MamaBugs said...

Great job! What a challenge this is going to be. I can't wait to watch you progress! I think having a time limit would freak me out. I may have to give it a try.....

Oh! AND I have to take my hand off to you for going to a morning class. LOL. I am not a morning person either.

Anne said...

Hi, Cheryl! Sounds like a great drawing exercise. Before you know it, you will be amazed at how much you can draw in 6 little minutes! :-)

Joanne said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Your blog is very interesting. Is that a Ragdoll kitty in your arms? Joanne