Thursday, December 24, 2009

Orange



I've never used hot press watercolor paper before. I like the way my pen (Staedtler pigment liner) writes on it, but not how the watercolor works. I may need to try a different brand (this is Arches) or maybe when I get my Noodler's ink I'll be happier with how it writes on cold press paper. I do like writing with my Zebra Sarasa gel pen, because the ink is wetter than the ink in the pigment liner, but it's not waterproof.

I tipped this page into my journal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Cheryl! That orange looks like I could start to peel it! And it looks juicy and not hard and dry...LOL. You sure know how to draw and paint. Keep up the good work!

Laure Ferlita said...

Love your orange!! HP watercolor paper is definitely a challenge - you did a great job!!


And did I see mention of a new kitten?!!

K said...

Great orange! I agree about the HP paper too. I'm learning to like it though.
-Krista
www.kristameister.com