Tuesday, July 21, 2009
More Textured Surfaces
I finally finished my journal cover a few days ago. I put modeling paste onto gessoed chipboard. I combed into the lower left corner and embedded cheesecloth into the upper right corner, both while the modeling paste was still wet. After it was dry, I stenciled some more modeling paste in the center. I've been messing with paints for what seems like weeks, but I'm finally happy with it. By the way, this isn't the same as the one in my earlier post (here); as I painted that one more, it got too dark, and I wasn't sure I was going to like it, so I started a new one. I'm still messing with that one - and I still don't like it as well as this one. Eventually I'll post a picture of it when I finish it.
This one isn't made into anything yet, and I'm not sure whether it's finished. I put modeling paste on really thick onto pelmet vilene that I had gessoed first, then put another piece on top and pulled them apart. After it was dry, I painted it. It started out way too dark (again). I was quite surprised that I was able to lighten it a lot. I like it pretty well so far, just not sure what else it needs.