Monday, July 07, 2008

Woven Strips

Someone in my journaling techniques class asked the question the other day, now that we have all these painted papers, what do we do with them? Good question! Sue Bleiweiss, the instructor, gave us lots of good ideas, including cutting them into strips and weaving them. She posted some pictures of some that she had done, and they were beautiful. So I had to do some as well - with my own twist to them. I decided to tear my strips instead of cutting them, and here are the results; this first one is journal-page size (9" X 6"). I used watercolor sprays on these and glued them to black cardstock. I always think that black makes colors pop - I use it in my quilts a lot too.



After tearing the strips for the journal page, I had some shorter strips left. I couldn't let them go to waste, so I made this next one, which is card-size (4 1/4" X 5 1/2").

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love the colours and the torn edges, very nice.

Cheryl, I've awarded you the Arte y Pico Award for your blog which I always enjoy. Please go to my blog for all the information about the award. Carol