Monday, July 28, 2008

Silk Fusion Postcards

These are my postcards for the Silk Fusion swap in the Surface Design Yahoo Group. To create the background, I used soy silk and textile medium and followed these directions at Joggles. After I finished the background, I fused it to a batik with similar coloration and then fused that to a stiff interfacing (like Timtex). I put Razzle Dazzle thread in my bobbin and did bobbin work all over the piece, then cut it up into postcard sized pieces. I added some Bonash and foil, then stitched on the flower just in the center so the petals are loose (I made the flower from two pieces of batik that I fused together, stitched in the flower shape, and cut out just outside the stitching). I added a Swarovsky crystal to the center of each flower, fused a piece of muslin to the back, then satin stitched the edges with variegated thread.


Julie Bagamary said...

Very Nice!

Fannie said...

Lucky recipients. Thanks for sharing your process.