Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde

Very enjoyable book - witty and smart. Unusual story - not exactly believable. Set in an alternate England in the 1980's where the prevailing culture is based on literature. The main character, Thursday Next, is a Special Operative in literary detection. When her husband is eradicated, she moonlights as a Prose Resource Operative in the secret world of Jurisfiction, the police force inside books. She is apprenticed to Miss Havisham of Dickens' Great Expectations, who teaches her to book jump like a pro. I rate this book 4 out of 5.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

what a coincidence!

I have just joined Trish Bee's NGS yahoo group - your message about being "new too" popped up just after mine.

So I thought I'd pop through to your blog for a nosey, like you do ....

and there you are reading my favourite author :)

you'll spot me easily enough on the Yahoo group, my ID is fforde_freak lol