Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Leather Look Journal

I've been working on a couple of journals the past few days. Unfortunately, I don't have anything finished yet, so no pictures to share. But my latest journals will be gifts. These use brown paper bags and paint to make a surface that looks very much like leather. It's really amazing. Anyway, I'm really having fun with the journal making class. I hope to have some pictures to share in a day or two.

In other news, my son and daughter-in-law have finished the hiking that they were doing. They spent a month on the trail, starting from West Virginia, then going into Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and ending in New York. It's really hard to imagine hiking as far and for as long as they did. I'm glad they had a good time, but I'll be really glad to see them in another week or two.

3 comments:

morningDove said...

that is amazing to hike that far through so many states. And I can't wait to see your journals.

Fannie said...

Hi, Scrappy Cat. Are you taking SueB's journalmaking class? I look forward to seeing your creations.

Timaree said...

I'm glad to know they finished the hike safely. I bet you had some moments wondering about how safe they were out there.

The journal you made looks wonderful. Did you let the paint dry all the way before crumpling or was it still somewhat wet? What kind of stamping ink did you use on it? Are the full directions on the web somewhere or is this your creation? I'm full of questions on this one as it truly does look wonderful. Your son will be very happy to have this journal.