Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mexican Stars Quilt

I've been working on a quilt pattern called Mexican Stars. You can see the pattern here (this isn't my quilt - it's a picture of the pattern). I've got the top finished, and I've been quilting it this week. I really enjoyed making the top. It has a very innovative way of making the curves; they are three dimensional and are not pieced (which is good, since I don't like piecing curves).

I've had a bit of trouble with my machine's stitch regulator, which has been an ongoing battle for me. Every time I take it in for service, the tech can't find anything wrong with it. I finally realized why today. There are two different ways to use the stitch regulator; the tech always tests it one way, and I stitch with it the other way. I guess I need to take it back in for her to look at again. It wouldn't be so bad, but the shop is about 60 miles from my house (sigh).

No comments: