Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Art Journal

At the instructor's request, I have removed the pages of my journal that are from the class lessons. I didn't realize that posting my pages was a copyright violation, and I certainly never intended to do that. I do want to encourage anyone who might be interested in learning art journaling to consider this class; it has been a wonderful way to learn art and to develop the "habit" of journaling on a daily basis. Here is a link to the class: Love This Journal Workshop.

Now, it is NOT a copyright violation for me to share pages that I've done that are not from class samples, so here are a couple of those pages:



I was sitting in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops reading (while DH was shopping) and I happened to notice this bird on top of the pick-up next to me. I had my art journal with me, so I decided to see if I could sketch it. The bird ended up a bit too big compared to the size of the pick up, but I got the general idea anyway. And this is one of my first sketches, so I'm pretty pleased with the results. The other page tells about the exhibit we attended at the Oklahoma Museum of Natural History.

And then we were watching a movie the other night and the opening credits had the scenes all cut up, so I got the idea to do something similar with a picture out of a magazine.

3 comments:

Ernie Hendrix said...

You are doing a great job in the journaling class! I've enjoyed watching your progress. I'm not posting my pages but I do think I'm getting a little more comfortable with the journaling process. Now I just have to catch up!
Ernie

Margaret Ann said...

This is really a cool idea!!! I may have to give it a go. O have had fun roameing about your blog today...love the valentine tulips-my favorite flower-and the border design around them...and mmm those peanut butter blossoms are a favorite out my way too. :) Kepp up the great journal!

Margaret Ann said...

P.S. Oh, by the way...I DO know how to spell...("I" instead of O and "roaming" instead of "roameing" and 'keep" instead of "kepp"...geeesch!!!!)it"s the "haste that make the waste!" Sorry...;)