Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Holiday Decorating

I've just been looking at Christmas decorations on blogs. I have had a really hard time getting into the spirit this year. I usually enjoy decorating for the holidays. I love my ornaments, since many of them are hand made - some by me, some by friends, some purchased. But we still don't have our tree up yet, and I really don't know when we will. But I did finally do some shopping today - and I feel much more prepared now. I even wrapped several presents tonight - just don't have a tree to put them under yet! Maybe this weekend. And I did get my DH to put up my Santa quilt on Saturday.

My DH has been out of town since Sunday, elk hunting in the Wichita Mountains of Oklahoma. It is a once-in-a-lifetime hunt (literally), because you have to put your name in to a drawing, and once you're drawn for it, you're ineligible to be drawn again. He's been putting in for the drawing as long as I've known him I think. Several years ago, they made a change so that for each year you put your name in and weren't drawn, you'd get an extra entry the next year. So he finally got drawn this year. He was SO excited when he was notified. He hasn't gotten his elk yet. At least he saw several today. He has one more morning to hunt - the hunt ends tomorrow at noon.

1 comment:

JeanneLee said...

Oh wow...thats exciting for him. I hope he is successful in getting his elk.

We just got our tree up last week, Cheryl....you got time!