Friday, November 09, 2007

Postcards

I mailed off my K is for Kite postcards today. And I just realized that I never posted a picture of my J is for Jar postcards from last month (or the I is for Impatiens from the month before, but I can't find a picture of those). So here is the K is for Kite:





I used two fabrics for the background - grass and sky. I stamped the hedgehog, and put the kite string to the back where his "hand" is so it looks like he's holding the string. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

And here is J is for Jar:



I have a machine embroidery design for the jar. I used button fabric for it and also clear vinyl, and put some real buttons between the vinyl and the button fabric - I have to admit I thought it was a pretty good idea. LOL!!

This is probably all the postcards I'm going to do for awhile; I've gotten just a little bit tired of doing them (and of not getting all the cards from my swap partners - doesn't happen a lot, but enough to get old).

I also finished up a sunflower table runner yesterday that I've been working on for quite awhile; it is another of the Mount Redoubt patterns that has 3 dimensional flowers on it. I am really happy with how it turned out - I will post a picture of it later.

My quilt guild is having a quilt show today and tomorrow, and I actually talked my DH into going with me this morning. It was a pretty nice show, and we had a few vendors there too. I bought several things from Homestead Quilting, which is an internet store that also goes to quilt shows and guilds. Most of what they sell is embellishment-type of stuff - I bought some hot fix crystals, a Ricky Tims DVD, some new glitter paint that I'd not seen or heard of before, and a book about using the glitter paint and other stuff by the same company.

1 comment:

JeanneLee said...

Your postcards look so cute, Cheryl! I just saw a book at M's the other day about Fabric postcards...may have to investigate it.