Saturday, October 27, 2007

Books

I love to read. I always have a book I'm reading, and if it's a really good book, I have mixed feelings when I finish it. I want to find out how it ends, but I hate for it to end too.

Awhile back, I discovered the Outlander series of books by Diana Gabaldon, and I read every one that has been published so far. I really love them and am anxiously awaiting the next book in the series.

The author has recently published a few books about one of the better minor characters in that series. The first book in this new series is called Lord John and the Private Matter. It didn't get as good of reviews as the Outlander books, so I decided I would rather borrow the book from the library than buy it outright (I had borrowed all of the Outlander books from the library as well). The only catch was that our library didn't have the book. But some good friends of mine, who work with the Friends of the Library, told me that if I requested it, there was a good chance that the library would acquire the book. So I did.

It took a long time, but the library called me yesterday to let me know it was finally available to me. The only catch was, I had just started another book a few days ago. I always finish a book before starting a new one (or decide not to finish it if I don't like it) - the point being that I don't like to read 2 books at the same time (it's confusing enough keeping all of the characters straight in 1 book, let alone 2! LOL!!). Anyway, since the book was finally available and they would just hold it for me for 3 days, I checked it out today. So the other book will just have to wait I guess.

No comments: