Monday, September 03, 2007

One New Project and More Finished Projects

I'm a bit behind on updating my blog, but I've been having too much fun quilting to take the time! I finished another small quilt tonight. I really need to take some pictures!
Last week I went clothes shopping and spent way too much money. But after I got home, I looked at my closet and decided it was time to clean it out. I worked really hard, and ended up giving away TONS of stuff I don't wear anymore. It felt so good - I can finally see what's in my closet.

My 2 sewing buddies and I sewed at my house today and we started a new project. It's an embroidered quilt, and we're using black silk dupioni for the base. Each of us has selected our own thread colors, so even though we're working on the same project, they will turn out different. Here is a picture of the project that appeared in a magazine:


And I just realized that I do have pictures of a couple of the quilts I've finished lately. This is the applique project I worked on in Colorado. What you don't see in the picture are the Swarovski crystals in the centers of many of the flowers, and the fact that a lot of the flowers are 3 dimensional.

And I used ric rac for the whiskers and buttons for the eyes on the cats here - and the ric rac is only sewn in at the nose - the rest of it is loose.
I have a new photography project this week - I've got an idea for it, but I'm not sure when I'll take the time to actually take the pictures. My DH is still out of town, and so is the DH of one of my sewing buddies, so we're sewing together all week. Maybe I'll take some time in the mornings to take a few pictures, because I think my idea is pretty good.
And I guess that's enough updating for one day!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love your beautiful cat quilt. Please can you tell me where I can get the pattern?