Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Essence of Place

I took some pictures for my photography project, and I didn't like how they turned out. So yesterday I started over. Our topic was "The Essence of Place." I had started out thinking I would take pictures around my house, but that didn't work. So I decided to take pictures of the Oklahoma State University campus instead. Here is what I wrote about the pictures:

"The first time I was on the Oklahoma State University campus (over 30 years ago now), I was struck by its beauty. I had been attending the University of Nebraska at Omaha, which was a small campus in a big city that was trying to expand but didn't have the room. OSU, on the other hand, was a large campus in a small college town, and had lots of space. All the buildings have been built in the same or similar style, and there are gardens and green space all over the campus. I have tried to convey that feeling with these pictures."

And here are the pictures:























No comments: