Sunday, August 05, 2007

Vacation Posts Part 6

Saturday, August 4, 2007

This is our last night in Colorado. We went to the Crested Butte Festival of the Arts, which is a juried arts festival. We found some great things to buy there – I got 2 pairs of earrings, a hand woven jacket, a little felt ball (for a pin cushion), and a sheepskin hat. We also bought a beautiful wood clipboard for our son (for taking care of our pets while we were away) and a cutting board for ourselves. We ate lunch at a restaurant called Calypso, where I had a very good salad (a bit pricey for the amount of food, but still good). After lunch, we shopped some more, and then came back to our Inn for the rest of the afternoon to read, review some photos, and catch up on email. We went to one of my favorite places for dinner tonight – Marchitelli’s Gourmet Noodle. We returned to the store we’d been to yesterday to buy a gift for our daughter-in-law. On our way back to the Inn, we took some more pictures. I have been trying to get a good shot of the houses in Crested Butte, and I never really got what I wanted, but this one is close.


We made a reservation at a motel in Dodge City Kansas for tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

Cool photos. I'm getting a kick out of your posts and glad to see you relaxing and enjoying your vacation. Thanks for sharing with us.