Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Finishing stuff

I continue to work on finishing projects. I've finished several since I decided I needed to do this. It feels really good. I need to take some pictures of all the things I've finished (and I mean quilted, bound, labeled, and sleeved!).

My DH is out of town for about 10 days, so I decided that while he's gone, I would do some touch up painting (he HATES the smell of paint). When we took our drapes down and replaced them with blinds, we had to fill a bunch of holes where the drapery rod had been. These are the spots I really need to touch up - and there is a one small water stain on the ceiling near those. So this morning I painted some Kilz over the water stain, then got out the old can of paint that has been in the utility room ever since we had the house painted many years ago. I can't get the lid off!! So I don't even know if the paint inside the can is ok or not. I guess I'm going to have to take the can to the paint store and have them open it. Bummer! I was all set to get this job finished too.

I've got banana muffins in the oven right now - the one banana that was left was way too ripe to eat on my cereal this morning. They're starting to smell really good - must be almost done. OK, timer just went off, so I need to check on those muffins.

No comments: