Saturday, July 14, 2007

Quilting and Embroidery

My sewing room is always a mess. Yesterday I couldn't stand it anymore, and I actually cleaned it up somewhat. The problem is, no matter how big of a room I have, it isn't big enough. When I bought my first sewing machine, I had a little bitty table in the corner of the living room. Then I moved into the guest room, which is 10' X 12'. Halfway through my son's junior year in college (4 1/2 years ago now) I took over his room, which is 12' X 15', and that's where I still am.


I had bags of projects scattered all over the floor, so I organized most of them yesterday. The projects I haven't started yet went into a couple of boxes that I stacked onto a cart. And after looking at all the projects that I have started but haven't finished, I decided I really need to finish some of them. So today, that's what I worked on. One small quilt top just needed a few borders added, and I got that done. Then I worked on another simple top that needed several blocks made, and I made a lot of progress on that one. My goal is to finish several of these before November, when my quilt guild is having a quilt show and boutique. I will donate and/or sell some of the projects in the boutique. It feels really good to make that decision and to make some progress.


I also finished up my third seasonal wall hanging a few days ago - it's about time, since this one is summer!

4 comments:

JeanneLee said...

Cheryl...love the oriental flavor of this wall hanging!! Super job!

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

Awesome wall hanging. I'm so impressed with all your organizing efforts. I need to do some of the same. But I just haven't been that motivated lately.

Zeborah Loray said...

Beautiful.
I am always so envious of your stichery skills.

Elizabeth said...

Cheryl!
This is glorious! I love the bird- is this machine embroidery??? i am so into birds right now-can't get enough of them!
Elizabeth