Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Photograph



I took this picture today for my Composition and Design in Photography class. This week we're analyzing our pictures, which I'm not very good at. But here goes: The wheel in the center of the gate is the focal point, and the rest of the gate is supporting cast. Because the wheel is a circle, it holds your eye there. Then you can follow the leaves out, and the gate brings you back in. The leaves above the gate also lead your eye back to the wheel. But in spite of all that, it's not the most interesting picture in the world. LOL!!!

3 comments:

Zeborah Loray said...

I think it is a lovely photograph.
What a great gate!
Love,
Zeb

Anonymous said...

A good friend, who is a great photographer, told me you always wanted to divide your subject into thirds. With the focal point one third from top to bottom or left to right. Our cousin Marcie sells her photos and has had several showings. She really does some nice stuff.
love reading the blog
Joyce

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

Love this photo. It turned out lovely. I just want to walk right up to that gate and take in the cool breeze the shade might be offering.

Thanks for sharing.