Sunday, July 01, 2007

Flooding

I live in Oklahoma, where there has been a lot of flooding. I think we've had something like 20 consecutive days of rain. And we'd already had a lot of rain before the past 20 days, so the ground is pretty soaked. Thankfully, we haven't had any problems where we live, but today we drove around and took some pictures. The first 2 pictures are of the Cimarron River, which is above flood stage - I don't know by how much, but it's really rolling.








And this next picture is of a gas station on the corner of Highway 177 and Highway 33, on the way into Perkins (a small town south of us about 12 miles or so).





And of course, I can't go out on a photo shoot and pass up a beautiful flower!


3 comments:

JeanneLee said...

wow....that river is high! Hope it recedes soon!
Love the flower pic and the ones on CHW! Cool camera you got!

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

Wowsa! That's a lot'a wat'a! Put on your waiters or just stay out of the wet stuff, is what I'm thinkin'!

Linda Hosey said...

Cheryl,

I have been watching the news and wondering if the flooding was close to you. You have had so much rain.