Saturday, June 16, 2007

What I Did Today

I spent a LONG time choosing thread colors for a big embroidery project I wanted to start on today. Problem was, I spent so much time choosing the threads that I didn't get any embroidering done. Hopefully tomorrow I can actually start to embroider the designs. It is the summer version of the Japanese wall hangings I've been doing. I have winter and spring done (I posted pictures of them here and here). The designs come with a thread chart, but they use a brand that I don't have, so I have to convert the colors.


And I actually helped cook dinner tonight. That is very unusual for me - DH does most of the cooking around here. But I wanted a specific recipe that he doesn't make, so it was up to me. It's a swiss fruit pie (not sweet - it's a main dish sort of like a quiche), and I got the recipe from my Swiss friend. Of course, she uses real cream in her recipe, and I use soy milk, since I'm lactose intolerant. But it works, and it's almost as good as hers.


And then I realized I still needed to make DH a father's day card, so I did that tonight. Here is what I did:




I used Some Kind of Wonderful by Sweet Shoppe Designs (a limited edition father's day collaboration) and a card template by Jen Caputo.

No comments: