Friday, June 29, 2007

Sewing

One of my good friends came over to sew with me today. Normally, two friends and I sew together each week, but the other friend is in Switzerland right now (lucky her!). We always do a lot more talking and laughing than sewing, but we always have a good time. Today, I started on a new project (why not - I only have TONS of unfinished projects as it is). But this is a jacket for myself. I rarely make clothes, because they don't usually fit right. But I was actually able to try on a garment made from this pattern a few weeks ago and see that it would fit me, so I'm going to enjoy making this. Here is the pattern I'm working on - and I'm doing it with several different fabrics (I am a quilter, after all). You know - the fronts will be one fabric, the sleeves another, etc. I didn't get very far with it today - but at least I got it all cut out. I'm using a rayon batik for the fronts, back, and sleeves, so it should be really soft and drapey. I don't think it will be very hard to make, and once it's finished, I'll be sure to post a picture.

I also bought this pattern and some silk dupioni to make it. It doesn't look like much from the picture, but I tried on the actual garment here too, and it's really lovely.

And then I bought this pattern too, but I didn't buy any fabric for it - maybe because they had to order the pattern and send it to me later (which they did). And then I also remembered that I had this pattern along with fabrics in my stash. So I think I've got enough clothing projects to keep me busy for quite awhile!

1 comment:

JeanneLee said...

I admire your quilting, Cheryl...can't wait to see what you do with these patterns!