Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More car stuff

I think I mentioned that we had the lumbar support added to our new car last week. They were great - I told them where I wanted it, and they installed it, then asked me to check if it was where I wanted it. It wasn't quite, so they moved it - put it right where I told them to. Well, guess what - I had them put it too high. I didn't want to admit it to my DH, and I didn't want to drive 80 miles (one way) to have them fix it. So I asked the dealer if they could adjust it. They weren't sure, but agreed to look at it. I was supposed to bring the car in this morning. I realized if I didn't want to wait for it, I had to admit it to DH. He just commented to get an estimate before I left it with them. I told him I was going to call the place that installed it and ask them about it, and he suggested we ask them if we could adjust it ourselves. I called them yesterday morning, and at first they said it would be better to bring it to them. But when I explained how far away we were, he put on the installer. He explained to my DH how to adjust it - and we did! And it was so easy, that if I decide it needs to be moved a little more, we can do that too. YAY! I'm gradually getting this car to the point that I'm happy with it - which is important, since we usually keep a car for many many years!

No comments: