Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Books

I'm reading a good series of books right now - the Guenevere novels by Rosalind Miles. I finished book 2 (The Knight of the Sacred Lake) last night, so I wanted to start book 3 (The Child of the Holy Grail) today. Problem was, our local Hastings didn't have it. I went to the library, and it didn't have it either. They had book 1 and book 2, but not book 3. And I don't mean that book 3 was checked out - they don't have it in their collection. And this isn't a new book - the current edition was published in 2002. So someone tell me please, why would you have books 1 and 2 and not have book 3 in your library? I ordered it on Amazon today, but I won't get it for a week or more. So now I have to decide whether to start another book instead. I think the answer is yes - I love to read and I always like to have a book to read (plus I'm caught up on my magazines). But I'd really rather continue with the series.

No comments: