Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tribute to my Dad


This layout was published in the Aug/Sept 2006 issue of Ready Set Create.

I decided I wanted to create a tribute to my dad, so here is what I came up with. I'm still not totally happy with the journaling. I mean, it pretty much says what I want it to say, but it doesn't flow; it's too choppy. But it comes from my heart, so that's what's most important. If I come up with better wording later, I'll redo it, but for now, it's done (that's one of the things I love about digital).

The journaling reads: "My father was a kind and gentle man. He was warm and loving and put his family first. He was very patient. I only remember seeing him angry one time, and that was when he believed that a teacher was mistreating me.

He was honest and had integrity. He had great strength and determination that we didn't see for many years due to illness, but it was there.

My husband is like him in many ways. I often wish that they could have met, because I know they would have liked each other. And I wish my son could have known his grandfather."

Quote at the bottom is: "He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." by Clarence Budington Kelland.

I used the Sentimental Journey kit from ScrapArtist.

This was also done for 2 challenges on the Scrapmommies website: Photo Challenge #9 and Quote Challenge #9.

No comments: